Engineering Intern – New Zealand
PowerON Ltd. (poweron.one) was established in 2019, with international venture capital financing, to further develop and commercialise novel, proprietary and patented Dielectric Elastomer Switch (DES) technology invented at the Biomimetics Laboratory in the Auckland Bioengineering Institute. DES methods deliver soft & flexible computing devices (elastic computing), lifelike actuators (artificial muscles), detector arrays (artificial skins and fingertips for robots) and more. The company has sites in Auckland and Dresden, Germany.
We are looking for an Engineering Intern to join our R&D team at our Auckland office over the summer period 2021-22.
• Software development/User interface design
• Requirements capture and high-level design
• Survey suitable interfacing controllers and displays
• Technical documentation of R&D activities
• Work hands-on in the lab as required
• Teamwork, professional work practices, communication
The intern will have the opportunity to develop several engineering and soft skills including:
• Going through software design cycle from concept to prototype
• Testing and data analysis
• Problem solving
• Technical writing
• Presentation and communication
Required Qualifications & Attributes
Be studying, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in science, engineering, technology, or design at a New Zealand tertiary education institution. If study has been completed, the closing date of the last semester should be less than 12 months ago.
• Legal right to work in New Zealand is required.
• English language skills to a high level, spoken and written, is required.
• Enthusiasm for new technologies and topics related to robotics and bionics
• Team player, willing to learn and not afraid to think outside the box
• Strong communication and decision-making skills
• An understanding of electrical circuits and electronic design
• Experience with microcontrollers and communication protocols like I2C and SPI
• Experience with FPGA and VHDL
• CAD/modelling experience and competence (SolidWorks preferred)
• Experience with engineering projects
If you are interested in gaining professional experience this summer working in deep tech with a collaborative R&D team, please get in touch with us.
Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org